The Designer owns design for all events on which they are assigned as the lead designer. Responsible for creative research and creative construction. Is accountable to budget parameters. Provides creative instruction for event development and execution. Effectively works with internal teams regarding design and production. Fosters client relationships through client contact at a design level. Works closely with the Design Director to ensure all design work is of the highest quality, up to company standards and on brand for the client. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and flexibility is expected.
- Provides design and overall creative direction to all assigned client projects.
- Provides input and recommendations on venues and suppliers to be presented to the client.
- Develops and communicates the event concept and design, specifically in the details such as theme, composition and integration of multi-faceted components of an event such as venue(s), color, sound, lighting, décor, and any other relevant attributes of the creative planning process
- Meets with clients and with internal teams to understand the scope of the event.
- Ensures designs are completed on time and adhere to the established specifications, standards and budgets.
- Presents and promotes event concept and design to clients
- Performs site visits to all selected sites for assigned client events
- Leads calls and provides design input with outside suppliers
- Oversees the development of a Design Planning Timeline based on the Event Planning Timeline.
- Offers design direction for floor plans and renderings
- Provides content for design presentations and participates in presentation
- Provides ballpark pricing to internal teams for recommended rental, linen and décor items
- Reviews and approves floral sample photos and stationery proofs
- Selects service-ware design based on menu selection
- Provides design direction and communicates details of production to event teams and vendors, to ensure product implementation is executed at the highest level
- Collaborates closely with event teams and vendors, communicating all relevant event design changes or modifications through to final production detail including set-up, rehearsal, event production and post event activities with all staff in the creation and finalization of the event plan
- Consistently deliver on brand, elevated design concepts, while adhering to established budgets and production timelines
- Directs lighting look for Design Presentations and participates in Design Presentation setup
- Working with the Inventory and Production groups, responsible for creative specialty builds and communicates all information and a plan for execution to the internal Production team
- Responsible for all design implementation on site at client events
- Participates in weekly Department brainstorms and meetings to share knowledge within the department.
- Responsible for new supplier research in the categories of bands/specialty entertainment, photographers, videographers, stationers, and graphic designers
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience in the creative field required, specifically working with high profile clients, non-profit organizations and event concept and design
- Experience working with high profile brands or clients preferred
- A solid track record of increasing responsibility in a creative role
- The ability to work independently within the culture of strong collaboration in a group process
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Works autonomously with minimal supervision
- Exceptional presentation skills coupled with sales acumen to promote the company Class A brand standards and its services
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, creative ability, and willingness to do ‘whatever it takes’ to achieve the project objective
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and work effectively under pressure
- Exceptional organization, communication and project/time management skills
- Flexibility to change and adapt to considerable variety in the workplace
- Knowledge of textiles, décor, architecture, lighting, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the efficiency of the event plan
- Ability to travel (approximately 25%)
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook preferred
- Able to work overtime, nights and weekends
Rafanelli Events is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability status, veteran status, national origin or any other characteristic protected by law.